The Majestic Al-Andalus: Granada and Cordoba
This is the so called “Route of the Caliphate”. A 5-day tour between Granada and Córdoba, included as a European Cultural Itinerary. An ideal experience to travel to a time when these cities were centers of wisdom with knowledge in science and art far advanced for their time. And thus learn first-hand the evolution of Al-Andalus from its splendor in the 10th century to its disappearance in the 15th century.
* The design of this route can be modified to suit your specific needs and includes accommodation, visits and private transfers.
From 535€ pp
DAY 1: ARRIVAL IN GRANADA
• Private arrival transfer to your hotel in Granada in a luxury Mercedes.
• Walking tour of the city-centre with your private guide, who will help you locate the main areas of the city.
• Overnight in Granada.
DAY 2: GRANADA
• Alhambra and Generalife private tour: Your guide will pick you up at your hotel for an unforgettable private tour to the Alhambra and the Generalife gardens.
• The second part of the day will be dedicated to explore the Albayzin and Sacromonte quarters. A perfect complement to the visit of the Alhambra, that allows us to understand how the Arab and Christian culture are intermingled in the city. The Albayzin was declared a World Heritage Site in 1984, and it is actually the origin of the current city of Granada, still retaining all the magic of its Arabic past: Narrow streets and white houses built at random, the famous Cármenes of Granada.
• Free time for dinner
• Overnight in Granada
DAY 3: GRANADA
• Relaxing Hammam. The bathroom area consists of three swimming pools. In this order: Cold, warm and hot water. 1hr and 30 min session, for soaking in the relaxing water with jasmine notes, tasting mint tea and getting lost in the nasrid decoration in every corner. The complementary 15 min service consists on fifteen minutes of a relaxing massage and aromatherapy that will help the stress of your diary life to disappear (or at least to be forgotten for a while ????)
• Al Andalus Perfums: Now we want to propose you a route of seven perfumes for seven corners in the city of Granada. To delight us with a selection of natural scents that will transport you to moments, places and times never experienced before. Infinite olfactory sensations to evoke with each one of our fragrances; such as jasmine, a representative flower of the medieval neighborhoods of Granada, orange blossom with orange trees in bloom, a typical tree in the Albayzin. And obviously the queen of flowers: the rose, formerly used as an aphrodisiac and a symbol of carnal passion in many cultures, that is also present in all the “Carmenes” in this quarter.
• Evening Tapas Tour: We will take you on a beautiful walking tour from your hotel to the Albayzín neighborhood. Along your private visit, you will learn about the history and tradition of the “tapa”, as well as awesome legends and funny anecdotes of Granada’s social life. We will visit the bars that locals value the most and will taste their specialties, while our expert guide illustrates us about the history of the city and its most emblematic places.
DAY 4: CORDOBA
• Departure from Granada to Cordoba – Private transfer by luxury Mercedes.
• Stop for lunch in “Priego de Córdoba”, to savour the local gastronomy and enjoy the picturesque views of this beautiful village.
• After lunch, we will drive to Cordoba.
• Overnight in Cordoba.
DAY 5: CORDOBA
• Morning: Your expert guide will enlighten you about the history and the most important monuments of Cordoba on this 2 hours private walking tour.
• A stop for lunch. Do not miss the typical salmorejo (vegetable soup) and flamenquines (meat rolls).
• We will continue along the Jewish quarter, which preserves a synagogue of the 14th century, surrounded by charming traditional houses and beautiful patios full of flowers.
• In the afternoon, we will visit Medina Azahara, a palatine city built by Abd Al-Rahman III in the 10th century, as part of the political, economic and ideological program set in motion after the establishment of the caliphate, as a symbol of its power in imitation of others oriental caliphates and also to show their superiority over their great enemies.
• Overnight in Cordoba.
DAY 6: DEPARTURE FROM CORDOBA
• Free time for shopping
• Private transfer to Seville international airport or Córdoba train station.
Your private driver will meet you at Granada airport or train station
● Accommodation in charming hotels
● Private driver throughout the tour
● Local guide of Granada
● Local guide of Córdoba
● Local guide of Seville
● Entrance to monuments and shows
●Food and drinks
-Walking tour of the historic center
-Alhambra and Generalife
-Albaicín and Sacromonte at sunset
-Hammam with relaxing massage
-The Perfumes of Al-Andalus
-Night tapas tour
-Priego of Córdoba
-Mosque / Cathedral
Expert local guides
-15% fee, between 10 and 15 days prior to departure
-25% fee, between 3 and 9 days prior to departure
-50% fee, within 48 hours prior to departure.
-No-show: 100% fee applied
Get more information about the cancellation policy for this product at: email@example.com